What To Expect During Your Trial
• Trials are important not only for you as the bride, but for the stylist as well. During this one and a half hour appointment your stylist will style your hair and/or makeup as it will be done for the wedding day. The time will give the stylist the opportunity to gain knowledge of your hair texture and pliability. This will help the stylist learn what products will work best with your hair to help produce your desired look and ensure the style will last for your special day. It also gives the stylist the opportunity to learn about your skin type and the best products for it. Your stylist will do their very best to achieve your desired look. Keeping in mind that not all styles match each person’s facial features the way they do on the model you have chosen.
• Your appointment will begin with a thorough consultation with a Simply You Hair Studio & Spa Stylist. We encourage you to bring any pictures of hair and/or makeup that you are considering for your special day.
• Please arrive for your appointment on time and with a clean face with only moisturizer without SPF. (unless otherwise discussed). Also, please come with hair fully blow dried after adding either mousse or gel to it. Blow dry your hair straight back with either a round or paddle brush. do not flat iron ,If you are in need of professional prepping products, we do have traveling kits available for you to purchase in the salon. You will need to follow these instructions for your wedding day as well.
• If you are thinking of wearing any hair accessories or veils please bring them to your trial. It will help the stylist to know how to incorporate it into your hair style as well as help you make your decision on wanting to wear a veil or accessories or not.
• We suggest in wearing a white button down shirt to make changing outfits an easier task and so it will not ruin your hair style and/or makeup.
• You can contact us to schedule your trial at any time. However, we recommend scheduling the trial about 3-6 months before your wedding day. We also recommend that you schedule your trial run for a day when you have a party or social event to attend. We offer trials monday through Saturday.
• When you leave your trial, we recommend you try on your dress or something in similar style/color. Please remember that the hair and makeup you have just had done will look completely different when you have different styles of clothing on. If at that point, there are any changes that you would like to see in your hair and/or makeup please feel free to contact us so that we can update our notes in your file.
Wear a white shirt.
Bring your veil and any bridal hair jewelry if you already have them.If you bring someone with you, make sure it's someone who thinks like you and knows what you like.
Don't forget your camera!
Expect to spend 2 hour with hair.
Be expressive, do not hold back your thoughts and criticism.
A trial run is an ongoing visual change that is either going the right direction or not. Feel free to express yourself. There is no right or wrong, just do you like where it's going or not? For best results, be expressive, it's okay to like something even if you are not sure.
For your trial, you will be scheduled with one of Simply You Hair Studio & Spa Lead Stylists. We will do our best to ensure that the same stylist whom completed your trial will be scheduled on your wedding day services. Please keep in mind, that scheduling stylists is based on availability.
Do not be hesitant to express your opinions, the more we know the better! Looking forward to your trial run!
Take advantage of our first anniversary celebration and take 20% OFF! on your Wedding trial